Support American Whitewater! Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Relief Zipper

Relief Zipper 14 years 3 months ago #28781

• KayakinLiz
  • Grom Boarder
Are they any good for us gals?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Relief Zipper 14 years 3 months ago #28782

• WilliH2O
  • Gold Boarder
Can you pee standing up .....not entirely kidding here.

At the very least you might be able to use something like this

www.biorelief.com/travel-urinals/travelm...on-funnel-device.php

www.tripneeds.com/shewee-portable-urine-...for-women-p-171.html

It beats the hell out of having to peel down the drysuit exposing yourself to the elements.
They are not ideal, and may take some practice to use effectively, but it is an option

Re:Relief Zipper 14 years 3 months ago #28784

• Jeroen
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
Playak ladies, answer please! :)

Until then, let me add my $0.02:

Palm and Kokatat have drysuits for ladies. Palm has one with a 'front relief zipper with modesty panel', and Kokatat has a 'drop seat'.

As for stand-up-p , don't forget go-girl www.go-girl.com/ . Any ladies out there who actually tried it?
If you're happy, you're successful.

Re:Relief Zipper 14 years 3 months ago #28785

• Saz
  • Gold Boarder
to be honest the hole relief zipper thing plus shewee would be messy. Companies make woman models for a reason but if your a woman who can pee like a man go for.
I don't own a drysuit but if i did i'd either get a two piece. ie dry cag and trousers , or id get the womans model...

Re:Relief Zipper 14 years 3 months ago #28787

• terryblissstick
Most all the females that are boating here in North Eastern Wa. and North Idaho use the Female version from Kokatat with dropseat.

Re:Relief Zipper 14 years 3 months ago #28788

• jajauma
  • Gold Boarder
I use the Freshette--most 'devices' for women are generally the same idea: cup with a tube/hose for the urine. I like the Freshette because it has a REALLY long tube. (Sheesh--that could be interpreted in more than one way :ohmy: ) The tube length (okay, now I'm giggling) is important because you want that pee to get far away from your body--it's also easier to direct than if it were a molded part of the device like most designs. Yes, I have written my name in the snow :woohoo: Living in snowy climes was actually the reason I decided to get the Freshette--I've had to bare my bum in negative degree weather more times than I like. With the Freshette, it's just zip, stick in the cup and bam--insta-guy!

These devices are also great for the modest person urinating in mixed company. Just make sure the cup empties completely--I did have one 'accident' on a climbing trip. Luckily, I'd made friends with some campers who had an RV and I could shower up. Embarrassing, though.

That being said, I'm a huge fan of these things and recommend them to all women! Quite often, I've seen them come with drysuits.

(Lord help me--after reading through this, my mind has completely fallen in the gutter) :S

Re:Relief Zipper 14 years 3 months ago #28789

• jajauma
  • Gold Boarder
A link might help...

www.freshette.com/

Re:Relief Zipper 14 years 3 months ago #28790

• jonnyhawk
  • Pro Boarder
I am gonna have to show the wife this. She might be quite interested. Thanks for the ladies perspective :)

Re:Relief Zipper 14 years 3 months ago #28791

• WilliH2O
  • Gold Boarder
bam--insta-guy! from jajauma - lmao

:laugh: :) :laugh: :)

I seriously think women are tougher than men because they put up with so much more

Tip of the helmet to ya' all

Re:Relief Zipper 12 years 11 months ago #31306

• Tyrr
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
this things are fun on festivals and public toilets too!
a row of men on the 'urinoirs'(?) and 1 girl in between. Watch and see the reactions :woohoo:
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.